SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting

the bigger the waist band the worse your life

The Middlesteins - Jami Attenberg

stress induces weight gain.... and this can act as a catalyst to rock your world and life upside down. marriage, done. relationship with others, done. relationship with self, done. coupled with a bratty, self absorbed daughter and you have a walking time bomb (this is as far as I got into the novel)

An utter disappointment resembling the work of an unestablished undergraduate lit student. So what didn't I like? well the writing style was dry, overly simplistic. this seems to be a very contemporary approach, and when done well I adore it, no absorb it. “He was a fool to think he could have love twice in this life. Arrogance. He held her hand close his chest with both of his hands. No one was entitled to anything in this life, not the least of all love.” For me the above quote is a significant example of this writing style, or at least the writing style of this particular book. I know people adore this author, and I will certainly keep her on my radar. I abandoned this one within a few chapters.