SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting

the hype is just not adding up

Vampires in the Lemon Grove: Stories - Karen Russell

high 2; 2.7?

This, dear Russell was the worst of the best bunch.

Loved the first two stories, though. Just missed the imagery of her previous books... even though they tended to waver and waft in attention..... her writing style is different here. It seems forced. forced in a way i didnt think this author would go.

but those first two stories ravished me, even though they were a bit to Kafka (the second one). yum.

1. loneliness and our continued efforts to maintain normalcy.... to stop evolution of social, emotional, and physical change.

2. to defy repressive, external forces.

the rest of these read like little bits and pieces of kafka/Murakami and something else. they were terribly difficult to get through.