SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting

Memoirs of a Geisha (Random House Large Print)

Memoirs of a Geisha (Random House Large Print) - Arthur Golden

Enjoyed it, but it didn't live up to its hype. The beginning was delightful, with sweeping prose and a nice, exact, but boldly vast landscape of language. It essentially follows the life of a girl basically sold into practice to become a geisha. a geisha is basically a woman who outlines her life with her beauty and intellect, virtually teasing men by sorta attracting them like a moth to a spider web. It chronicles her successes and the bumps in the road of her life. It touches on jealousy, and how it floods into peoples lives to make them vapid, emotionally sucking people. It touched on love, and the meaning of love in the face of such a strict culture. I did not like the ending, though as it seemed cloudy, especially weighing the wonderful text down and making me feel cheated.