SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War - read half way before the membership expired.. will pick up up again once it rotates back... reads like a post war historical view, primary via a news interview style. somewhat intellectual, but dry with the same voice (which is reinforced by the fact it is first person interview). it is possible to write a book that has multiple "voices" even if the author is interviewing people, or even if he is dictating personal experiences. It edges on something good in the beginning, but falls short towards the middle as the author presents one experience after another through the same, dry, pov.After my second and last attempt i came to a realization: this book could have been a masterpiece. What fell short you asked? using the device of an interview. Some say his is what attributes to the issue of POV; these people are idiots. Read any news article or any case study and you can feel the first hand account of the person experiencing the issue, in this book you can not. You can even hear the faint echos of the authors attempt to explore POV, but its dry, and he fumbles.I did what i rarely do. i decided this book was not worth my time and deleted it from my kindle. Waking up the next day i reflected on why i truly hate this book. Zombie novels, and any sort of horror like literature has at its core suspense. the problem with this approach of interviewing people is that it id not in fact have any suspense. boring. trite. fad worthy book.