SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell... without this guy.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell - Tucker Max

surely a made for movie b-comedy; oh wait, it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXTmNApNrxM.I knew people like this guy in college. Slick, got the girls, used them, tossed them and then

recycled the ones he could abuse and neglect more than once. there really isn't a storyline here beyond that mentioned above. It is, at its very essence it's a poor rendition of a 'national lampoon' movie to book format.

I just found it utterly distasteful, in a, "is this guy really this much of an asshole?" I started to doubt that he really was, and that maybe this was just another book written by a sad little man who needs attention so he decided to write a blog, which got the attention of more assholes, which in turn resulted in a book. I get it, sometimes internet culture's increasing lust over a subject, person, etc can create the illusion of the internet crowd wanting more. Problem is, the internet and its consumers are driven by the need for more, for different, for distasteful, for more more more more more, that their attention is so fleeting that perhaps a blog audience is the best place to keep this sort of writing. I have gone to the blog, and I have to say the writing clearly has a followers base, and for some reason it works there; it just didn't in book form. Perhaps it didn't work in book form because a reader's typical intention is to consume a book in its entirety and one chapter after another of this book was a bit overwhelming, which in turn crossed over into underwhelming.

Trust me I am all about the explorations of straight guys lives, especially if it's sexual, but this was just trying too hard, and as a result lacked the initial meaning of the book. I think that he was really trying to portray himself as being a jackass, but in feeding this narrative really missed the mark. Can you write so much about being an ass*ole that your novel literally lacks that feeling because you took it to an all consuming level of ass*oleness? well apparently you can.