SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs started off well; the first 100 (@ the point where he hasn't "traveled yet"). I thought it may end up going to the direction of a fairly well written ghost story. these first pages had me staying up till sunrise.... then.... it collapsed. I did like the imagery throughout the entire book; specially of the bar, black bird, etc. The best way i can describe it is, if you are at party and there is at least five conversations in earshot. you try desperately to combine each of these five stories into a sequenced story.... there was just too much going on for such a short book and i really, really wanted it to be creeper and more of a ghost story. The dialog seemed to be the biggest issue here, and rather than adding to the content and character development, seemed to fall short. One has to remember though that this story is YA, so it may be my fault—as a 30 year old— for feeling so underwhelmed. This coupled with the switch up just didn't do it for me.However you were hyped like a new weight loss diet and this did you no justice. expectations were too high. You fell flat on your face from a high rise building, breathless and still holding onto your arrogance. I hate how amazon and NPR hypes up books and then your expectations are NEVER EVER met. Update: retrospectively, and compared to other 2 ratings, this one was more of a three. I'm still waiting for the new one to come out. I also wonder, that since it was a library version, did i read this one too hastily and thus lost out on something?