SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers Did i miss the mark on this one? probably.. most likely. Did I, as i skipped sections, miss its intent, most likely. Did it stir a hatred in me for most, if not all of the characters; absolutely! Perhaps it was a bit contrived. I understand its context. The synapse connections that connect letters to words to prose; however it left me feeling empty. Demographically it missed me by one year. But somewhere in the lines of kerouacian, long winded sentences, is a meaning, something relatable. maybe he tells it how it really is, and that is what is most revolting. i often think in drink metaphors. This book was an old fashioned. Top notch rye whiskey. Two ice cubes. Sugar cube; no water. Perfect splotch of home-made bitters. But at the bottom was the muddle fruit—that freaking fruit, that leaves your mouth sticky, searching for the undercoating of bitterness (the meaning of the meaning of the meaning).