SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

The Complete Stories
Flannery O'Connor
I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting

LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of goodness here

Buzz Books 2014: Spring/Summer: Exclusive Excerpts from 40 Top Titles - Publishers Lunch

NETGALLEY FREE GIVE AWAY

Book Buzz combines the best of SOOOOO many worlds. Firstly we have a billion little introductions to up-in-coming literature from a wide spread of genre and writing styles. Some of these authors were little secrets, hidden gems that exploded on the pages, while others were familiar, but startled with a different shape. Secondly, most if not all of these segments are available in full from Netgalley.

We have Jojo Moyes, who in my opinion will never do, can never do any wrong. After reading Me Before You and breaking my frozen heart, this author has retained a special place in my kindle. We have The Bees, which I was rejected for, but I hold not a single grudge (well, yes I do); I will be picking a copy of this lovely book once it hits the shelves.

From fiction, to non-fiction, this hugely dense arrangement of writings includes a lovely first chapter of each and, if available, a link to the netgalley request page (good luck, though because these titles are in high demand!).

There were some ones on here that I read in full via netgalley and didn't like so much, but I can tell you with certainty that if I had read the first chapter of these book included in this collection FIRST, I would have made the decision to avoid them.

AND they have included a lovely selection of young adult books. I kindly remind you, though that young adult is becoming such a daring genre that it is widely accessible and delivers a unique punch that anyone can enjoy. SERIOUSLY CHECK these out.

So read. Rush to netgalley, and if denied open your wallet and pull out that credit card, because this free glimpse into the world of up-in-coming novels/literature, etc will surely have you salivating and wanting for more.

As a side-note I CAN NOT believe people complain about these collections, with such statements as "They didn't give us enough", or "I wanted more".... Seriously, this collection is a selection of some of the best titles to arrive on your independent bookstore shelves in the next few months.