SkinnyDippingIntoBooks

Skinny Dipping Into Books

time spent in that before bed reading slot:

How are common themes handled?

Where would you keep it post-reading?

Emotional response-

3. Did James Cameron co-wrote this? Artfully contrived.

5-Chanel 4-Prada 3-J-Crew 2-Gap 1-Old Navy

Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls
Alissa Nutting, Alissa Nutting

sexfied

Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex - Mary Roach

Disclaimer: This review is highly male oriented

this book has everything

sex in every form... every cringe worthy, OMG, terrified, and enlightening aspect of such a wonderful experience (uuuuu....sually....)

(fertility statue)

from what makes people tick sexually (hormones, positions, and implications on sexual function and arousal, etc)

To the anatomy—muscles, structure, non-typical reactions, biology, spinal cord injuries and their impact on sexual relations—.

An assortment of horrifyingly stunning—scope, findings and WTF moments—, and fascinating procedures. Procedures explored within are a unique balance of the dated and archaic and more modern ones.

the starting revelations and findings arising from the use of old technology, as well as advanced modern approaches (mri machines and ultrasounds)

An assortment of complications pertaining to sex, involving an endless array of constellations and configurations

The exploration of psychology and sex

Together these themes culminate into the typical approach Mary takes in writing her odd little gems. Frustrations abound for the less ADHD crowd. It skips around the main theme, providing related evidence, historical context, as well as not so relevant information that in the end somehow fits. For example, she will be undergoing a procedure about female arousal and anxiety disorders and will detour this subjective experience to additions related material, then sweep back to the exam. This isn't difficult for someone who is used to this sort of puzzled pieces approach.

Also, this book, as well as all of her other works is heavy in research. This book does not mess around with the trivial, mundane, or lighter side of science. It explores the less known, cringe worthy, and darker parts of science in a classic Roach style.

Pretty much summaries my personal, subjective response to Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex

It's ultimately is all about its sex.... all things about sex... some things you may not know and some things you never wanted to know. The chapters on the penis demonstrate this. The chapter that circles around the quote "'I better get home or the ducks—I still have trouble walking next to ponds—will have something to eat.” caused a fair amount of anxiety and discontent and had me covering my junk throughout (I KID YOU NOT, AND FOR THE MOST PART THIS WAS A AUTOMATIC, UNCONTROLLABLE REACTION). I'll leave you to find out the meaning of this quote, but if you have a willy you will surely be doing the same thing.

In the end the chapter titled The Taiwanese Fix and the Penile Pricking Ring: Creative approaches to impotence had no subjective relevance prior to reading, but may be a temporary side effect from reading this book. I fear the consequences of this book and on 'Clark Kent' (give me a break i was young when it got its name). Thankfully this hasn't been the case YET, but I will admit that I have at times, particularly shortly after finishing this, quietly critiqued and examined 'things'. There have been a number of times when my thoughts have quietly expressed disbelieve and awe at what is happening during the... task.. event.... experience. Hopefully my mind and body don't drift too much in opposite directions, because honestly the tests of a males' member and arousal throughout this book seems way to painful to endure. Thankfully 'Clark Kent' seems to have enough stamina and association with the ID to overrule my analytical mind. But it may prove too much for poor 'Clark Kent'.